Sunday, November 11, 2012

Why a Second Term?

This election was hard fought for and even harder to win.  But I can't say one way or the other if the best candidate won.  I live in Texas, yes I did vote for the very first time, and no I won't tell you for who.  I know I wasn't surprised by how our state voted. But onto something that I was impressed by.

I saw an editorial in the Austin American Statesman on November 7th called " A second term, a second chance. http://www.statesman.com/news/news/opinion/a-second-term-a-second-chance. I really liked this post. 

To me is seemed that this post was directed to all voters, that maybe for once our voice might just be heard. This editorial seemed to say that both sides gave it all they had. Only one can win. But maybe to two can work together to find a common ground and make this country better, or at least try to.   Both parties gained and lost.  Republicans could have really made up some ground and gained control of the Senate and House, but because we make stupid comments, it cost us dearly.  Of course this comes to the issue of rape, birth control and abortion.  We need to learn how to control our mouths on both sides of the political party.

This article tells us this. That because we voiced our opinions, and the votes cast clearly showed what we wanted to see happen in the future, it is time for the next 4 years to step up and fix this nation.

Obama clearly has a long road to haul, but even Romney would have the same problem if he would have been elected.  This is no easy process. You have opposition in every move you make and it comes from both sides of political sides.  The president will never have 100% cooperation from the Senate or the House. If that were the case, I don't think there would be the issues in our nation that we face today.

Now that this election is over, lets get to work on fixing our problems, solving the debt, get our troops home, create jobs, reform the tax code and make this country a country to be proud of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment